ANHBC is Recruiting for New Board Members!
The Association of Neighbourhood Houses of BC (ANHBC) is seeking members in the Lower Mainland for our volunteer board of directors for a minimum two-year term starting in June, 2018. We anticipate that one at-large position will be vacant.
We are particularly interested in recruiting members with direct experience with indigenous communities in BC. We have committed to exploring, together with local First Nations and Aboriginal organizations, what it means to operate on un-ceded territory and to developing appropriate ways to incorporate this into the work of the ANHBC. In addition, we are seeking applicants who can contribute in the areas of:
• Non-profit governance;
• Legal expertise and how it applies to non-profit organizations;
• Finance with a focus in non-profit management;
• Social work, youth and family services;
• Experience with immigration or settlement services.
Benefits of serving on the ANHBC Board include:
• Strengthening your governance and leadership skills;
• Expanding your network;
• Learning from your peers and sharing your expertise;
• Contributing to the health and well-being of thousands of your neighbours;
• Being part of an international movement to make neighbourhoods better for everyone.
As a new board member, you will join a skilled, hardworking team of 15 that follows a policy-based style of governance. The Board meets monthly with a break over the summer. Meetings are typically held on the first Tuesday of the month from 6:00 to 8:00 pm.
Please see the ANHBC Board Candidate Info Sheet 2018-19 for details on how to apply.
Applications are due by the end of the day on March 23, 2018.