Join Our Team
We strive to build healthy, engaged neighbourhoods by connecting people and empowering them to create the change they want to see in their communities.
Do you see yourself sharing in that mission?
ANHBC has provided innovative and inclusive programs and services in Metro Vancouver for more than 120 years. And, as one of the largest employers in the not-for-profit sector in the province, we offer a wide range of career opportunities.
Neighbourhood houses cater to the whole individual across their lifespan, regardless of background. This means ANHBC has a place for you whether your passion is to:
- support children in their early developmental stage;
- help seniors counter social isolation and gain independence;
- guide disadvantaged youth and other vulnerable individuals in overcoming barriers;
- connect newcomers and families with their communities;
- or explore a healthy and sustainable lifestyle through outdoor education.
Through ANHBC, you will find camaraderie and inspiration from more than 600 colleagues and even more volunteers who are all dedicated to building stronger neighbourhoods.
“I had that energy and love and compassion in me, but I needed something to bring it out and that’s what [the neighbourhood house] did.”
– A family program coordinator
Interested in joining our team? Check out our current job postings:
South Vancouver Neighbourhood House:
- Community Food Programmer - Student Job (May 19, 2017)
- Community Engagement Assistant - Student Job (May 29, 2017)
Kitsilano Neighbourhood House
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are proud of our diverse workforce.
If you don’t see a current job vacancy in your area of expertise, consider joining our team as a volunteer, or simply drop by your nearest neighbourhood house and get to know us – and your neighbours!