Join Our Team
We strive to build healthy, engaged neighbourhoods by connecting people and empowering them to create the change they want to see in their communities.
Do you see yourself sharing in that mission?
ANHBC has provided innovative and inclusive programs and services in Metro Vancouver for more than 120 years. And, as one of the largest employers in the not-for-profit sector in the province, we offer a wide range of career opportunities.
Neighbourhood houses cater to the whole individual across their lifespan, regardless of background. This means ANHBC has a place for you whether your passion is to:
- support children in their early developmental stage;
- help seniors counter social isolation and gain independence;
- guide disadvantaged youth and other vulnerable individuals in overcoming barriers;
- connect newcomers and families with their communities;
- or explore a healthy and sustainable lifestyle through outdoor education.
Through ANHBC, you will find camaraderie and inspiration from more than 600 colleagues and even more volunteers who are all dedicated to building stronger neighbourhoods.
“I had that energy and love and compassion in me, but I needed something to bring it out and that’s what [the neighbourhood house] did.”
– A family program coordinator
Interested in joining our team? Check out our current job postings:
ANHBC Central Services Office:
Cedar Cottage Neighbourhood House:
- Seniors Activity Leader: Adult Day Program (closing date: August 19, 2017)
Frog Hollow Neighbourhood House:
- Arabic Youth Worker (part-time) (starting in August 2017)
Gordon Neighbourhood House
- no current vacancies
Kitsilano Neighbourhood House:
- Project Coordinator (closing date: August 14, 2017)
- Childcare Worker (Bumbletree and OSC) (closing date: August 16, 2017)
- Childcare Assistant- School Age Support Worker (expected start date: August 30, 2017)
Sasamat Outdoor Centre:
- no current vacancies
South Vancouver Neighbourhood House:
- Preteen Programmer (closing date: September 11, 2017)
- Preschool Supervisor (closing date: August 31, 2017)
- Domestic Violence Support Worker Trainer (closing date: August 23, 2017)
- Director of Community Programs (closing date: August 11, 2017)
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are proud of our diverse workforce.
If you don’t see a current job vacancy in your area of expertise, consider joining our team as a volunteer, or simply drop by your nearest neighbourhood house and get to know us – and your neighbours!