Join Our Team
We strive to build healthy, engaged neighbourhoods by connecting people and empowering them to create the change they want to see in their communities.
Do you see yourself sharing in that mission?
ANHBC has provided innovative and inclusive programs and services in Metro Vancouver for more than 120 years. And, as one of the largest employers in the not-for-profit sector in the province, we offer a wide range of career opportunities.
Neighbourhood houses cater to the whole individual across their lifespan, regardless of background. This means ANHBC has a place for you whether your passion is to:
- support children in their early developmental stage;
- help seniors counter social isolation and gain independence;
- guide disadvantaged youth and other vulnerable individuals in overcoming barriers;
- connect newcomers and families with their communities;
- or explore a healthy and sustainable lifestyle through outdoor education.
Through ANHBC, you will find camaraderie and inspiration from more than 600 colleagues and even more volunteers who are all dedicated to building stronger neighbourhoods.
“I had that energy and love and compassion in me, but I needed something to bring it out and that’s what [the neighbourhood house] did.”
– A family program coordinator
Interested in joining our team? Check out our current job postings:
ANHBC Central Services Office:
Cedar Cottage Neighbourhood House:
- School Age Workers - part-time (closing date: July 28, 2017)
- Supported Childcare Worker (closing date: July 28, 2017)
- Seniors Activity Leader: Adult Day Program (closing date: August 19, 2017)
Frog Hollow Neighbourhood House:
- Arabic Youth Worker (part time) (starting in August 2017)
Gordon Neighbourhood House
- no current vacancies
Kitsilano Neighbourhood House:
- Community Director (closing date: July 24, 2017)
- Childcare Assistant Supervisor (closing date: July 28, 2017)
- Childcare Educator - Out of School Care (closing date: July 28, 2017)
Sasamat Outdoor Centre:
- no current vacancies
South Vancouver Neighbourhood House:
- Reception - Casual (closing date: July 21, 2017)
- Preschool Supervisor (closing date: July 24, 2017)
- Out of School Care Supervisor (closing date: August 4, 2017)
- Out of School Care Staff (closing date: August 4, 2017)
- Out of School Care Support Staff (closing date: August 4, 2017)
- Director of Community Programs (closing date: August 11, 2017)
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are proud of our diverse workforce.
If you don’t see a current job vacancy in your area of expertise, consider joining our team as a volunteer, or simply drop by your nearest neighbourhood house and get to know us – and your neighbours!